Trying to get back into the game

Discussion for anything counter-steer RC drifting!
JaySushi
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: Chassis-less T_T

Trying to get back into the game

Postby JaySushi » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:17 pm

Hey fellow cs junkie drifters. I sold my HPI Sprint 2 Drift like 4 months ago and I wish the RC drift scene was popular in my area.
I want to start up again and start doing replica's of actual cars and what not but I feel like not having a PayPal can effect the materials I'm trying to get.
Unless you guys know of good RC websites that won't require you to use a PayPal and use like a credit/debit card type method for checkout.

First of all I do need to get a new chassis again, possibly one that isn't HPI so I can try something new. Preferably RTR and in the $300 range?
Any suggestions would be appreciated. If not RTR, then maybe like a list of things to get that adds up to $300 for ex. a good servo, radio set, battery, etc. etc.

Your help is greatly appreciated guys/gals as I miss rc drifting and even though it still isn't big in this area, I just want to start back up again
to replicate and make beautiful model cars!

mobills
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting
Drift Chassis: tc-fd ,75%cs,novak ballistic8.5t,raikou d70 drift

Re: Trying to get back into the game

Postby mobills » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:28 am

Its gonna be hard to try and find a company thar doest use credit card or debit or pay pal, but tere are some company's that do sell cheap rtr chassis like the teh-r31 but if I were you I would buy a kit js to understand how your chassis works.so if you run across a problem you know how to get to it. Plus you wanna maintain your chassis for a longer life running time

JaySushi
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby JaySushi » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:43 am

No no, I want to use my credit/debit card as a payment method itself. I don't like PayPal so I was wondering if there were websites that just accept cards instead of ONLY PayPal.
I would consider getting a kit but then I gotta worry about electronics which would be more costly? I think...

ridinvintage
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: TA-05 GRT 2.14cs, OTA-R31 in the works

Postby ridinvintage » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:02 am

Honestly I would just suck it up and use paypal. Its the best way to pay for goods imo, you are protected from fraudulent charges. The best RTR I know of is the mst-01d for 290 with free shipping on ebay. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313&_nkw=mst+rtr&_sacat=0&_from=R40

JaySushi
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby JaySushi » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:17 pm

It's not that I DON'T want to use PayPal, it's the fact that I can't because it isn't accepting my personal info plus card info.
I would love to use it if I could, that is why I'm trying to work around it. That MST chassis looks nice and I might get one, but do they happen to sell any RTR Sakura D3 chassis'?

ridinvintage
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: TA-05 GRT 2.14cs, OTA-R31 in the works

Postby ridinvintage » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:30 pm

There aren't any that I'm aware of, mst runs much better than the sakura out of the box. But upgrade parts are more pricey than the sakura.

tatmanfish
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: TA05 VDF

Postby tatmanfish » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:57 pm

There are very few rtr drift chassis. Hpi is about it save for a couple and imo hpi drift chassis sucks balls unless youre just doing 50/50.

Even harder is finding one under $300 unless you buy a used one. Most decent kits start out over $200.

I dont get the paypal thing. They have a customer support team that will gladly figure out the issue and it all comes off your credit/debit card anyways.

Best bet is to buy used or save up some more money and get something nice. Once you do, youll wonder why you ever wasted any money on an hpi drifter.

FunkRenegade
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: brokomo DIB

Postby FunkRenegade » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:13 pm

Paypal is actually helpful when buying from vendors that refuse to work with you, in case anything goes wrong.. banzai hobby.

marshun
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: yokomo drift package

Postby marshun » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:40 am

you had a problem with paypal before? cause it sounds like my old situation a long time ago. lol

JaySushi
Rally Style Drifting
Rally Style Drifting

Postby JaySushi » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:20 pm

Yeah, PayPal won't accept my personal info and all that. So I'm stuck with just using my card for purchases.
Unfortunately, you can't buy much without a PayPal and I would love to use eBay to get a new chassis or possibly one that is RTR from a seller.
Oh well though, guess I will have to keep looking hah.

sliding_josh
Still Turns In
Still Turns In
Drift Chassis: DIB,DRB,FR-D

Postby sliding_josh » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:05 am

PM Sent!

We accept all Credit Cards!

Return to “General Discussion”